An Introduction

This is a personal site about my journey - at times embattled, others triumphant - in Medicine, my genuine calling. 'Calling' might sound trite or overused, but Medicine, and specifically Surgery, has given transcendent purpose to my life. Upon graduation from medical school, we recited the Declaration of Geneva, a modern variant of the Hippocratic Oath, and I have internalized the principles therein so that they are inextricable from my core essence as a human being, so that they seep from my pores. The primacy of curiously, conscientiously, and compassionately serving patients as a physician remains my highest aim, and I intend to restore my position in Medicine by re-entering a residency to fulfill that duty.

Right now, I work as as GrubHub delivery driver. I take pride in the work. It is honest work. I am intensely grateful to the GrubHub Corporation and its Founders for allowing me to do it. I was in residency once but left for health reasons. As I seek a return to the profession I love dearly, I have started to log the small struggles unique to my particular situation. This will be a place of respite for logging some of the ups and downs, as well as a place to discuss broader issues, such as hobbies - reading, running, fitness, and photography. Hopefully, it will be a place where honesty and humility abide, for I have learned through observation that these are rare and invaluable traits. That's it, for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye to New York Style Cheesecake

Notes on a Recent Residency Interview

Day 5: Changes